Gifting season has begun, and every year I try to find the perfect gift for everyone on my list. While you can find beautiful items at everyday stores, it's harder to find unique pieces that will be extra special for your friends and family. This year I've centered my gift guides around independent designers. These brands not only create stunning and one-of-a-kind pieces, but are also more environmentally conscious, and even do their part to give back. One of my favorite brands from this list is Kotn — they source their extraordinary textiles ethically in Egypt, and are partnered with an organization there to build schools. So while you're shopping this holiday season you can find gifts that not only bring happiness to their recipients, but also to those who make them.
1. Wet Eyewear - perfect for vacation
2. KowTow - collect your art, and wear it too
3. ISM - a smart backpack that's perfect for freelance creatives
4. Kotn - sustainable and beautiful basics
5. Common Projects - a classic shoe with a hint of silver
6. Amarilo - timeless jewelry perfect for any occasion
7. Which We Want - the slashed and asymmetrical sweater you didn't know you need
8. Anthropologie - when was the last time you found your keys easily in your bag?
9. Janessa Leone - keep your head warm, or just stylish
10. Mansur Gavriel - the perfect shade of red
11. Tamara Mellon - the perfect pair of luxe ankle boots
12. Cords & Co - the coolest trucker you'll ever own
13. Alumnae NYC - everyone needs a pair of metallic boots
14. Laer - the cooler moto